Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Been A Week

Well, I joined Curves on April 7th. I'm wanting to get there everyday that they are open ( they are closed Sundays) and up until yesterday I did go every day. My middle daughter and son-in-law came over for dinner so I didn't want to push them out the door before Curves closed, lol. I was unable to get there in the morning but it worked out today. Going to Bunko tonight so wanted to get that workout in since I missed a day. They leave me feeling energized. I need that. I've cut back on my portions and am eating 6 small meals a day. I won't be getting measured and weighed until May 7th, so will be anxious to see how I'm doing.

It's been about 4 months or so since I've been using the CPAP machine. Once in a while I'm able to keep the mask on for a full night, but the average time is 4 hours. I wish they could come up with something more comfortable and less cumbersome. I'm supposed to be feeling more refreshed and have more energy, but that isn't happening. I still find I am nodding off in the middle of the afternoon or early in the evening.

My incision has healed up beautifully. For a while there I felt like Frankenstein, but it looks pretty good, for a scar.

I've had this nasty rash on my left leg since mid February. I thought it was hives and my sister-in-law thought it was cullulitis. It was neither but my Dr. isn't sure what it is exactly. It started off on the lower region of my leg, above the ankle and towards the center. The itching was unbearable. Dr. gave me scripts for an anti-itching pill and a steroid ointment, not to exceed 14 days. Well, the original area looks great now, except for a couple scars from scratching so heavily, but the rash began to spread behind my leg and around to the other side. And now it has appeared on my right leg. I have an appt. with a dermotologist on the 28th.

My middle daughter is 13 weeks pregnant with her first baby and we are all so excited for her. She'd been trying for over 3 years. We are already planning her baby shower for the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING