Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Things Are Beginning To Move Along

I finally heard from my cardiologist. He received the paperwork from Sandy Sokoloff from Corralagen Diagnostics in Boston and will be mailing me the paperwork this week. Sandy will be mailing me the kit that I will need to take along with these papers to a local lab where I'll get my bloodwork done. I asked Sandy what the percentage was for finding the mutant gene that is the carrier for HCM and he said that they find the gene in 75% of the cases. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't be in that 25%. It will be a relief to know one way or the other if I've passed this gene on to my daughters or not. I'm hoping 'not' but if any of them have it, at least their doctors will know what to keep an eye out for.

I haven't used my CPAP machine for the last two nights. I've had a real scratchy throat and keep coughing and the air from the machine was irritating me. I'll give it a try tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING