Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's been awhile

Thought I'd better get in here and make a post. Anything. The Menopausal Monster has been very quiet. I think the Effexor put her in hibernation.
I'm still sweating like a stuck pig. I can NOT wait for some Autumn weather to get here. I am soooooo sick and tired of mopping up my face every few minutes. I thought of wearing a sweat band to catch the drippings but that only made me sweat just thinking about it.
My electric bill is going to be horrendous this month. I keep the AC on as much as I can, plus I have ceiling fans and rotating fans going to keep the air circulating.
I know it's really hot and not just me flashing when Tom turns on our bedroom ceiling fan at night.
Couldn't even get in the pool for a cool dip because it turned green from all the thunder storms we've had the past two weeks. I 'd get it all cleared up and it'd rain again.
I've been taking luke warm showers and rinsing off with cold water but I no sooner towel off and I'm dripping wet again.
Trying to put makeup on and blowdry my hair is a waste of time. I just brush my hair up into a high ponytail. Usually by bedtime it's reasonably dry. If it's still damp in the morning, it's because I was SWEATING all night. It's a vicious circle.
I've thought long and hard about shaving my head. Wouldn't have to worry about coloring my hair when the white roots are beginning to show. No high maintenance fees. My son-in-law has a clipper. I could save lots of money on shampoo and conditioner. I might even get a nice tattoo on my scalp. Something to think about.
I'm feeling cooler already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING