Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Pee Story

Nice title, huh? Well this is what this post is about because Mrs. Hyde has been behaving herself and keeping a low profile and the hot flashes have been minimal not worth mentioning.
I was diagnosed with an overactive bladder about 10 years ago. I was constantly getting an urge to relieve my bladder to the point it was becoming a nuisance. I was given a prescription but after a month, it didn't seem to be helping and I put on 20 lbs. I took myself off it and have been dealing with the urges and going with them. My bladder does not completely empty at one sitting. Ok, this is probably more than you wanted or needed to know.
Tom and I take frequent road trips/vacations. He does all the driving and I'm the 'co-pilot'. I'm not a very good co-pilot though because riding in the car makes me drowsy and I do fall asleep alot. I make a point not to drink my daily morning coffee before leaving on a trip. I make sure I use the bathroom before we leave the house.
On one particular trip I was feeling the urge to go. We had 50 more miles to go til we hit the next reststop. I closed my eyes hoping to relax and I dozed off. When I awoke I saw another sign that said 'THIS RESTSTOP IS CLOSED. NEXT RESTSTOP 35 MILES'.
Good grief. Ok, I think I can hold it a bit longer, but my insides were starting to hurt. I mentioned to Tom that I REALLY had to go. I dozed off again and when I woke there was no sign of a reststop. I asked Tom how much further to one and he said ' oh we just passed one'. WHAT!!!!!!!!! 'Well, you were sleeping so I didn't think you had to go that bad'. GRRRRR If I had the plumbing that guys have, I could have used an empty bottle or soda can or stopped on the side of the road for an 'emergency stop' at a nice little tree, but since God didn't see fit to give women convenient plumbing, I had to sit and suffer ( but not in silence).
It was at least another half hour before we finally reached a reststop and I thought I was going to burst literally. My insides were hurting to the point of being painful. I just 'knew' as soon as my feet touched the ground I was going to start leaking. Luckily that didn't happen. It didn't happen when I got to the ladies room either. The urge was tremendous, I was sweating, I stooped ( I do not sit on public toilets) ....nothing. Not a blessed drop. This was going to take awhile. I needed to sit and get comfortable, so I lined the seat with tissue and was wishing I had brought my book in with me. Slowly, very slowly there was some minute dribbling. It took a good 10 minutes or more before my bladder understood it really was ok to open and spill forth. That took another 5 minutes or so.
I had a little talk with Tom about not passing up anymore rest stations or to at least ASK me if I needed to use one before he passed it by. Well that little talk went in one ear and out the other because it has happened on several more ocassions, although not to the point of being painful as that first time. I now sleep with one eye open and I started carrying an extra pair of panties in my purse. Oh yeah, and a cattle prod because if he ever does that to me again I'm gonna let Mrs. Hyde use it.


technaroti tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING