Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Plain Forgetfulness?

Last weekend I was over at my daughter Carey's home helping her clean to get ready for her husband's homecoming from overseas.  They haven't seen each other in 6 months and he's not yet officially 'met' their baby daughter Isabella who is nearing 6 months old.  Carey purchased a new vacuum sweeper which is totally different from mine.  My off/on 'switch' is a pedal on the bottom of my sweeper.  Hers is a button on the handle of her sweeper.  I did all the vacuuming for her and had no problems.  Yesterday, I was running my own sweeper, had already finished 3 rooms and was on the 4th when I just 'forgot' where to turn the sweeper off at.  My mind was a blank.  I've had this sweeper for the last 5 or 6 years and I use it every single day, sometimes 3 times a day when the grandkids are here.  Now how in the world could I forget how to turn off my own sweeper?  I was really getting freaked out.  My daughters Deana and Nicki happened to be here and I had to call them to help me.  How weird is that?  They laughed, but I didn't really think it was funny.  It scared me.  I've misplaced things, I've forgotten doctor appointments, left something off my grocery list that I'd needed.  That's 'normal', everyone does that.  Who forgets how to turn off their sweeper?  It's like forgetting how to turn on or off a light switch on a wall.  I told my daughters to keep an eye on me in case I start doing other weird off the wall things. 
Carey's husband is due home tomorrow.  She is very excited about their reunion and his getting to know and bond with their baby girl Bella.  Sunday, we are all going over to their home for a 'celebration' of his homecoming and it's also Carey's 34th birthday.
Tomorrow morning Tom and I are driving to Carlisle, PA for the Spring Car show.  Mid afternoon we will leave there and drive on to Lancaster to spend the night and I'll do some shopping there on Friday. 
It's a good thing I don't do the driving on our road trips.  If I can't remember how to turn off my sweeper, I'd surely forget how to apply the brakes when needed.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:45 PM

    I've definitely experienced forgetfullness on my journey through menopause. I learned about some Alternatives To HRT here that helped me get by a little better :).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING