Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Heart Monitor

I had my 6 mo. checkup at my cardiologist's yesterday morning.  Tom wanted me to mention those 'flutterings', 'spasms', 'baby like kicks' that I continue to get daily and nightly.  I didn't want to, as I figured my doctor is a heart doctor and he's going to tell me to see my GP.  I was actually surprised though as he took notes and said 'just to be safe, and to 'rule out' anything with the heart, he wanted me to wear a 48 hour halter monitor and record each time I had these movements and what I was doing when I had them.  Even though I have an implanted pacemaker/defibrillator, and  my 'palpitations' which he is calling them, aren't in the center of my chest, but directly to the side and under my breastbone, he cares enough to at least eliminate my heart as being the cause of my discomfort.
Of course the entire time I was there I did not experience any of the movements.  Tom drove me over to the hospital after my appt. to get wired up and we have to drop the monitor back off at the hosp. tomorrow morning.
I can't shower with it on, but I'm not going anywhere until tomorrow afternoon anyway.

My Dr. also wants me to stop taking my Simvastatin for 2 weeks since we know my arteries aren't blocked.  He also wants some blood work on my potassium level.  Not sure what he's looking for, but at least he's doing something to help me instead of saying 'if it doesn't hurt, don't worry about it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING