Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Six Week Makeover Plan Revisited

They never said it would be easy.........or did they? I never thought I would get so sick and tired of fish, turkey and chicken and salads. But here we are.

I had to take a little 'break' from the food plan over the weekend, for two reasons. The first being I ran out of salad fixens and I only do the grocery shopping once a week. Someone whose name I won't mention, but will spell, T-O-M finished off the lettuce. He pays for the groceries after all, I guess I shouldn't begrudge him some healthy food ocassionally too.
The second reason was I needed some 'real' honest to goodness food, with some sugar and some salt and some fat. I ate what I wanted, but in moderation. I really did. Instead of having a whole bagel for breakfast on Saturday, I ate a half, with no margerine and only strawberry jam. Oh yeah, a slice of cheese too, for calcium. I miss my cheese. For lunch I ate a slice of French bread pizza. I know, it's a lot of the wrong type of carb, but my body was craving it so badly. Come dinner time, I wasn't really hungry, so I didn't eat. Tom ate some leftover goulash around 3 pm. Jordyn was playing in the All Star softball game and of course Tom and I went to watch her play. She was awesome!! That little girl can hit and she loves to play first base. It was near 90 degrees and so very hot. The girls played 6 innings and the team Jordyn was on won 19-17. Tom had worked Saturday ( walking 6 hours delivering mail in that heat) and then sitting in the hot sun for a few hours he needed some 'refreshment' so we went to Blinkey's for a couple beers. Our daughter Carey came with us and she hadn't eaten dinner either, but wanted something to munch on, so ordered a Nachos Grande' for us to nibble on. That's all I planned on doing, nibbling. Mexican is my favorite food, except for rice. I can't eat it. I'm not allergic to it, they remind me so much of maggots that I can't eat it to save my life. Now that I've turned all you rice lover's stomachs, so sorry, try not to think about it too much and you'll be okay. I'm sure. One nibble turned into at least 10, possibly more, I lost count. But I didn't eat dinner!! ( he he, how many times have YOU used that old excuse)? I had two drinks, rum and diet Coke. Hey, if I deterred from the plan all day, might as well enjoy myself.

Sunday I also ate what I wanted. By gum, if I was fixing Tom an egg, sausage and cheese bagel, I was having one too!! He could have made it easier on me by fixing his own breakfast, but he didn't and all Mrs. Hyde had to do was whisper in my ear........"it smells so sinful" and she had me sinning. Oh, so much more delicious than gummy oatmeal. I took it easy the rest of the day and when I weighed myself Monday morning, I hadn't gained anything back, so I was motivated to get back on the plan. At least until next weekend.

Monday morning I had my 1/2 cup oatmeal and 2 oz. turkey. Did I mention that I finally bought a food scale? I did and it turns out I was eating a little less than the 2 oz. protein allowed. For lunch I ate 2 oz. tuna ( just had to add 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip to make it edible, can't do it plain anymore) with diced tomato and 1/2 cup strawberries. I did my mid morning and mid afternoon snacks and for dinner had 1 cup salad greens, 2 oz. cubed turkey.

This morning I was very tempted to have a bagel with jam, but I was good and had oatmeal. I added just a bit more water than it calls for so it wouldn't be so 'gummy'. That was a little better. For my protein I had two hard boiled egg whites. Turkey breast and strawberries for mid morning snack. Lunch was 1 cup salad greens, small plain baked potato and 2 oz. fat-free Polish sausage. I know, that's not on the protein list, but a body can only take so much poultry. Tom says I've begun to 'cluck'.
I love slicing the Polish sausage into my salad. I made Tom and Nicki the sausage in sauerkraut on hard rolls for their dinner. I had more sausage and 1/2 cup sauerkraut for dinner and some more strawberries. If I'm going to stick to this protein and carb plan, I'm going to have to do it my way. I may not lose the weight as quickly by not strictly adherring to the plan but I figure I'm eating way less calories, fat, sugars and salt than I ever have, so it has to do me some good.

I had bid on an exercise cord that comes with the Michael Thurmond plan last week and was high bidder. On the website the cord sells for $19.99 plus shipping. The total cost for me on eBay was $10. My package arrived yesterday. I also received 3 videos with the cord, which I need to make some time to watch. Susan is going to copy me the exercise pages from her book when she gets a chance. I'm anxious to get started. I've been doing exercises to firm up the skin underneath my chin. All I see are stretch marks. BE-YOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING