Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's Been A While

It's been awhile since I posted. I've been pretty busy with my crafting and trying to advertise my websites.

I'm still experiencing hot flashes, they never seem to go away completely. I get so frustrated when it's 65 degrees outdoors, which is heaven for me, but Tom will close all the doors and windows in the house to 'keep the heat in'. WTH!!! I don't want heat....I want COOL.
It's a never ending battle with us.

I was recently diagnosed with DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease aka Osteoarthritis) after having experienced severe leg pain for several months now. I thought it was my sciatic nerve, but the Dr. thought my pain was coming from my back and ordered X-rays. The results showed that I have DJD. I'm taking 400 mg of Etodolac for the inflammation and I filled a script for Diazepam ( Valium) but don't want to take that unless I absolutely have to.

I was very close to it last night. The backs of my knees were really bothering me yesterday and were worse by bedtime. I felt once I fell asleep I'd wake up feeling better. I dreamt that I had taken a long walk to keep my limbs limber and when I returned home both of my legs were swollen and very painful. My left leg was broken between the knee and ankle and my right leg was bleeding. In the dream, Tom lifted my pants leg to find that my leg from the knee down was slashed open, bleeding and oozing pus. He took me to the ER and there were no wheelchairs available so I had to walk on my injured legs which was excruciating. I literally woke up from the pain, which was real.
I had to check to make sure my leg really wasn't broken that's how bad I hurt. It was 4 am when I woke and I hobbled out to the kitchen to take another Etodolac. I probably should have taken the Diazepam but I don't want to have to rely on that to get me through the pain.

I did manage to fall back asleep and for awhile I felt pain free. When I woke at 8:30 the pain was back but bearable.

What's that saying.........today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Oh that stinks.





2 comments:

  1. NeeNee, I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. What a horrible dream. I don't know much about Diazepam, but I do know that Osteoarthritis can be very painful.

    Between you and my Mom neither one of your can seem to catch a break from these ailments.

    I can only hope that your medicine works for you and allows you to continue making all your wonderful crafts. I've been watching all the posts. You've been a very BUSY girl.

    Have a great weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I hope I don't come across as feeling sorry for myself, because I know there are millions of people out there suffering with this same disease.

    I hope I had enough compassion for my mom when she was suffering with arthritis pain, but unless you've been through it yourself, it's very hard to imagine.

    One of my fears is having the arthritis his my hands.....that would end my crafting, or at the very least limit it.

    hugs
    Neenee

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING