Friday, June 12, 2009

Weight Loss as of June 12, 2009

I am still going to Curves at least 3 times a week. I got weighed this morning and I've lost a total of 12.8 lbs so far. and 15.5 inches. Last weekend we went to Michigan for my sister's only son's wedding. We made a whole weekend of it and while I ate what I wanted, I was careful. I had gotten weighed right before we left and I had lost 8.5 lbs. Eating out like we did, not to mention all the goodies at the wedding, I was sure I had put on 5 pounds. But the Curves scale shows I've lost 3 more lbs. so I'm a happy camper!!! I know going to Curves has made a huge impact on my resolution to reach my goal by this time next year. There are times when I am too tired or have other things to do, but then I tell myself, it's only 1/2 hour out of your day, JUST DO IT. So I do. I almost didn't make it over last night as my car's battery was dead. Tom jumped it with his truck and while it did start up he was leery on me taking it out and having it die on me again until he can have the battery checked out. He offered me his 'truck' - that's his baby! We've had it for 3 years now and I'd only driven it once, around the block when we first got it. Of course I jumped on the offer !! Good thing it was still light out because I had no idea where the headlight switch was or how to turn on the wiper blades if it chose to rain again. I lucked out. I didn't need the lights and it didn't rain again until after I'd gotten back home. I love driving that truck, being so high up off the road I can actually see in front of me without having to crane my neck.
I prefer to go to Curves when they open at 8 am, since I sweat so bad I can come home and shower and I don't have to worry about being a procrastinator if it's late in the day and I'm too tired to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING