Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Am Hungry!!

Today I had to start my regimine of a liquid diet and what Tom and I refer to as 'poop juice' (Go-Lightly) for my colonoscopy tomorrow. It will be my 4th one.
The past three tests I had to do the full gallon Go Lightly and the last time I drank it, I only got through 1/2 the bottle and got very sick. Not just nauseous, but SICK. Couldn't drink anymore. This time, after whining I got 1/2 gallon jug and some tablets. I would have preferred all tablets, but with my heart condition, that was out of the question. I made it through the entire 1/2 gallon. But not without some rumbling from my stomach that kept wanting to reject it.

I fixed Tom some biscuits and country sausage gravy for breakfast. I had a cup of tea. Lovely. It's a good thing he didn't want eggs and bacon, because he may have ended up wearing it. I don't want to make anything that I can't enjoy too. The biscuits and gravy, I don't have a hard time passing up.

For lunch, Tom went out and got himself two chili dogs. That's ok, because I don't care for chili dogs, I'd rather make my own hot dogs with my Skippy peanutbutter and melted cheese. So I just had a bowl of chicken broth.

For dinner, I was originally going to make Tom B-B-Q chicken ( another thing I'm not crazy about - see what I was doing.....making things that wouldn't upset me too much if I can't eat it too!). He told me not to bother cooking a big meal since I can't eat.....but he'd take a grilled cheese sandwich. That hurt. I love grilled cheese. You have no idea how tempting it was to take a bite. Just a small one. But I know I have to be 'clear' for tomorrow and that bite wasn't going to be worth it if I was sent home or scolded. So I had some lime jello instead.

I'm warming another bowl of broth because I'm so hungry. But all I can think about is a big pepperoni pizza with double cheese............or a hot dog with cheese and peanutbutter............... even a bagel with jelly would do at this point.

I am soooo HUNGRY.

Tomorrow, after the procedure, Tom is taking me to Peppi's for an Italian hoagie........I might eat TWO!! he he

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING