Saturday, September 09, 2006

Not By The Hair Of My Chinny Chin Chin

I got to instant message with my baby sister Diane this evening. She just turned 45 this summer and she's been experiencing perimenopausal symptoms. She's also been having cycle problems for several years now. I asked her if she had a chance to read this blog yet and she said yes and got a kick out of what my little grandaughter had to say about my mustache - and that it looks purple. I'd get a kick out of it too, but she's mentioned it several times now and I'm really starting to get paranoid. I keep a pocket mirror handy and am continually checking to see if any new facial hairs are popping out anywhere. If and when they do I'll have my ever ready nifty little tweezers within arms length ( I was thinking of attaching them to a string and wearing them around my neck). Diane informed me she has already had to pluck a few hairs from her chin, on several different occasions. Plucking is good, the hairs will grow back in of course and if you have only a handful, the pain is minimal. Shaving is an alternative but I personally wouldn't chance the possibility of the hair growing back darker and thicker. My daughter recommends bleaching, but I just can't picture myself with a white beard or mustache. However, a Van Dyke might be nice.
I heard that when you are menopausal that the hair on your legs don't grow as fast and that they start to grow in sparse. I haven't found that to be true in my case. I still have to shave my legs at least every other day. I can't wait for winter. I rarely shave my legs in the winter - they get nice and wooly and keep Tom warm. On special ocassions I do shave. Like Doctor visits. A couple years ago I thought I was having a heart attack and I refused to go to the hospital until after I'd shaved my legs. For strangers. How pathetic is that. I will continue to daily inspect my chin and the area above my lips for unwanted growth, and look forward to the day when I will never have to shave my legs again.

technaroti tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but PLEASE - NO SPAMMING